|Serves 4 to 6
8 ounce ball of Burrata (or Mozzarella)
5 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
1 1/2 cup cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon olive oil
1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed and halved
1 tablespoon of butter
Fleur de Sel
|1. Slice cheese into eight equal parts.
2. Using a medium pot, bring vegetable stock to a boil then reduce to
3. Slowly stir in cornmeal.
4. Cook for about 15 minutes on low until cornmeal is tender and pulls
away from sides of pot.
5. Quickly pour half of mixture into a 9 inch square baking dish. Cover
with layer of Burrata, using all cheese. Top with remaining polenta.
6. In large skillet, warm olive oil on medium-high for 20 seconds; add
7. Sauté for about 1½ minutes, toss, and cook until browned and tender.
Remove from pan and set aside.
8. Add butter to skillet and heat. Cut stuffed-polenta into equal pieces
and fry on both sides.
9. Top each fried polenta cake with asparagus and a pinch of Fleur de Sel.