|Serves 3 to 5
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup cream
1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
8 ounces Gorgonzola, cut into very small
2 cups ricotta
4 tablespoons honey
1 cup finely grated Parmesan Cheese
1 cup flour
1. Warm 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet and add garlic, cook for
about 2 minutes on medium-high.
2. Create a roux by adding 2 tablespoons of flour, mix well. Whisk in cream
and broth. Simmer on low and add Gorgonzola. Cook for about 2 minutes
until cheese is fully melted.
3. Strain ricotta of excess water in cheesecloth and transfer to a large
mixing bowl; set aside.
4. In a small skillet, bring honey to a boil then reduce heat and cook for
1 more minute.
5. Fluff ricotta with a fork and add honey. Mix in Parmesan cheese and
6. Let dough sit 5 minutes, prepare floured work surface and roll heaping
scoops of dough into 1/2 inch tubes, then cut into 1 inch pieces.
7. In medium pot of simmering water, cook gnocchi until it floats to the
top, about 2 minutes.
8. Sauté cooked gnocchi in remaining 1 tablespoon of butter until browned
on each side, toss with Gorgonzola sauce and serve.