1. Combine raspberries, sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan.
2. Cook over a medium-high heat until the raspberries break apart.
3. Strain through a chinois to remove the seeds.
4. Add back some of the raspberry seeds to the sauce for texture.
Black Bean Brownies
1. Over a low heat, melt the butter and then add the chocolate.
2. In a large bowl, mash the beans until smooth.
3. Add the vanilla, egg yolks, espresso, salt and sugar. Mix well.
4. Slowly stir in the chocolate-butter mixture as to not cook the egg yolk.
5. Beat the egg whites in a separate bowl until stiff.
6. Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
7. Pour the mixture into a small baking dish and bake for 25 minutes on 325 degrees.
8. Test with a toothpick for completeness.
After the brownies have cooled, dust with confectioner's sugar and serve with raspberries and sauce. Try to share!
Add 1 tablespoon each of chili powder and nutmeg for a Mexican Mocha Brownie and replace the lemon juice in the raspberry sauce with lime. To make fudge-style brownies, use 2 fewer eggs and 1/2 cup less black beans. Add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips to the finished batter and lightly mix before pouring it into the pan.